In the summer of '09 he was cleared of his 2nd bout with cancer! This was so great! My dad could finally do what he wants to do and was healthy enough to do it! And if you know my dad, it is nearly impossible for him to sit idly and let life pass him by! No, my dad is always doin' something, usually hiking or fixing cars, and he did these things through both his struggles with cancer. And he was so happy to be able to go out and find a job again and get off disability. Not only that, he and my mother were looking for a house to own, their very fist house that they wouldn't be renting, & I was pregnant with their first grandson! Life was looking so good.
Then in August '09, about a week after their 20 something year anniversary, and 2 days after my little sister's birthday, my mom came out with some pretty hard news for my father that morning. She wanted a divorce, she didn't love him like she used to. And that is where everything started to go down hill again. My mother moved out of the house with my little sister, leaving my dad alone in a big house filled with everything they had acquired over their lifetime...endless memories of love, laughs and wonderful memories shared with her and the family.
After a couple weeks, things are packed, are goin' into storage and different houses. My dad has to move in with my grandparents (his parents) small house, which is already filled to the hilt with my 2 cousins, aunt, grandma and grandpa. But my dad is doing his best to stay positive! He is looking for somewhere to live by himself, and looking into getting a job. He really wants a place where he can be close to my little sister, Jakell, and she can come stay if she wants. And just as he is finding some homes that look promising, something happens.
My dad's throat has been kind of tight, and has had a hard time swallowing lately. And on this particular day, it is so difficult that he has to go into the hospital. Come to find out....my dad has cancer, again, but this time it's in his esophagus.
So now my dad is fighting the fight against cancer once more, and he has to stay with my Grandparents because he needs to use what little money he gets from disability to pay for his meds. and what not.
He has recently gone in to get the tumor removed, and to have his stomach reattached to intestines and stuff that don't have scarring, so hopefully the cancer will go away and he can eat food other than baby food, and soup. He has a tube in his stomache, a j-tube, for drainage and stuff, doin the chemo. and takin meds. to keep him from seizuring. But surgery hasn't ran as smoothly as it did when he got the tumor removed from his brain. His stomach has had leaks, there is blood in his urine, and he is just plain struggling.
It's so hard to see and hear about how hard of a time my dad is having. I'm always so scared that I'm going to lose him, and my son will never really get to know his Grandpa. My dad is such a wonderful man. He is kind to everyone and works hard! I've never known a man more deserving of an easy going, happy life than him. And yet everything is falling down all around him...but he still has the strength to smile and say he is enjoying life. I love my dad with all my heart, he is my hero, and I hope that this fight isn't the end of him, I hope he is around for a long time.
I guess what I want to ask from all of you, mormon, buddist, baptist, pagan, aethiest, muslim-even, just pray for him, or wish him a speedy recovery, or whatever it is that YOU do. I'd really appreciate it.
I love this guy, & I would like him to stick around for a while!




No comments:
Post a Comment